Friday, January 17, 2014

Tips: How to Peel a Pineapple the Filipino Way.

Peeled Pineapples - the way we do
it in the Philippines. Cute!
Again, I am apologizing for the scarcity of my posts. I am on a mission right now. The fact is, Mike just decided to go to Sur le table which is like Williams-Sonoma, a kitchen furnishing store, located in King of Prussia. Likewise, he also passed by Crate and Barrel. Now the purpose of these store visits was an odd one, for one thing, I said I needed to get some legitimate red checkered tablecloths for my next "Fifties Party" and the plastic one that I got from the party store looked so cheap its not even worth presenting. Anyway, with the tablecloth, guess what I found: platinum lined martini and old-fashioned glasses! Then there are the REAL (emphasis, please) highball glasses that are just thin enough to be elegant -- the ones that I love! So purchase away. 


His trip to Crate and Barrel was his own idea. He "grew tired" of the old white Corelle plates that he claims its "time for an upgrade" despite the fact that I think they are fine for current use and that he DID NOT WANT (emphasis again) to use the twelve setting of fine porcelain Noritake china we got some eight years ago. Anyway, now he got new fine bone china, all white for daily use and ARE THEY a beauty! So, with that, what's a cook to do? 


Inspired, I am in the process of making this dinner sit down party this Sunday -- a Six course Filipino inspired but reinvented dishes with one traditional one. The traditional one is Pancit Malabon but this is amidst the reworked and plated Sinigang (Tamarind Fish Soup) with a twist of a fish ravioli rather than using whole fish or medium rare pan seared rib eye with a demi-glace based on the Pochero rather than a stewed brisket. I'll be featuring these in future posts. 


But meanwhile, let me entertain you with a tip video -- How to Peel a Pineapple the Filipino Way. This method is well-known to us Filipinos but rather unfamiliar to most in the US. Step by step, the video will show just that. So, enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment